Photography as a way of seeing.
I am 32 years old and currently based in Riverside, CA. After graduating from Northwestern University with honors, including time studying abroad in Paris, I moved on to a doctoral program in London focusing on art history and critical theory.
My academic work examined how artistic creation is influenced by our geography, and thus how art is a direct expression of a unique experience of space. While in London, I became deeply connected to the notion of psychogeography, and regularly undertook long distance walks across the UK. Upon returning to California, I have tried to extend that sense of geographic exploration to the landscape of my childhood, surroundings that are simultaneously foreign and familiar to me.
- featured presenter in Pasadena Photo Arts “Street Photography” show ︎︎︎
- Mass Magazine’s first “minimalism” print issue
- Hive Gallery’s “pixel popcorn” annual photography exhibition 2022 & 2023
- Mundaaang Mag’s first gallery show, in conjunction with Art Share LA ︎︎︎
- featured artist in Aesthetics of Photography ︎︎︎
- featured in F-Stop Magazine’s 2023 Black & White Group Show
firstname.lastname@example.org for gig/print inquiries